By far one of the best ways you can get involved with the MSA is by purchasing a $10 membership for the year. The best type of transactions in Islam are those in which both parties benefit, and the membership is designed to pay for itself and be worth much more to you.
You should get a membership because:
1) You will sustain and improve all of the beneficial services and programs the MSA provides for you.
2) You will be able to borrow Academic books for 1 whole semester.
3) You will receive discounts on event prices.
4) You will be given all the full privileges of an MSA member, including the ability to run and vote in elections.
The MSA benefits from your membership because:
1) It is one of the MSA’s main sources of revenue, alongside with YFS/SCLD funding and donations.
2) It gives the MSA strength in numbers, and allows us to clearly stand as the largest group on campus.
3) The above two allow the MSA to improve services with more financing and lobbying power, returning and maximizing the benefit to the Muslim community.
We benefit when you buy a membership for $10 but by Allah’s will you will benefit more on the day of judgment for your donations/charity In Sha’ Allah.
Upon the authority of ‘Uqbah Ibn Aamir who said: “I heard the messenger of Allah- Sallallahu alaihi wa salam say: “Every individual will be under the shade of his sadaqah until the people are judged between (on the day of Judgement)”
(Collected by Ibn Hibaan (3299) and declared saheeh by Shaikh Albaani)
If you would like to become a member of the MSA, then please find one of our Executives or drop by the office. You can also message us on Facebook or e-mail us at email@example.com
Note: Memberships last for an entire year ending in April. To be recognized by the University as a MSA member, you must be a student, staff, or faculty member attending YorkU.